This Talent Release (the “Release”) is entered into as of date specified in registration by Registrant, Parent or Guardian, in favor of Bay Area Equine Vet Camp,LLC, with a principal place of business at 295 Pine Creek Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598 United States (the “Company”).
1. PERMISSION TO MAKE AND USE RECORDINGS. The Guardian grants to Company, together with its successors and assigns, assignee’s, grantees, and licensees, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license to use the Minor’s image, likeness, voice and name as recorded on any Recordings in any language throughout the universe, (b) alone or in combination with other works, and (c) by any means and on any medium now known or hereafter devised. The term Recordings as used herein shall mean and include any recording(s) made whether before or during a broadcast transmission, by electrical transcription, tape recording, wire recording, film or any other similar dissimilar method of recording video and audio programs, whether now known or hereafter developed. Guardian and Minor acknowledge and agree that, without limitation, Company may: (i) use, reuse, modify, reproduce, perform, publicly display, transfer or dispose of Minor’s image, likeness, voice and name, and (ii) sub-license all such rights to entities working on Company’s behalf. The Recordings here-under may be originally broadcast and/or published as commercial recording either live or by recording over the facilities arranged by or for Company anywhere in the world.
2. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. The Guardian grants and assigns to the Company and the Company’s Agents all right, title, and interest in and to the Recordings, including, but not limited to, copyright. The Guardian understands and agrees that the Recordings shall be the sole property of the Company and that neither the Guardian nor the Minor shall have any right to: (i)inspect or approve the Recordings; (ii) inspect or approve any other recordings, text, graphics, images, or other content created in the connection with or combined with the Recordings; or (iii) receive any royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the Recordings Use.
3. RELEASE. The Guardian agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Company and the Company’s Agents from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, and/or judgements of any kind or nature whatsoever arising from the Recordings use, including, but not limited to, those based on copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, libel, defamation, or false light. The Guardian acknowledges and agrees that this Release is binding on the Guardian and Minor, and their respective heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
4. GUARDIAN’S REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. The Guardian hereby represents that she: (i) is a legal adult and has the full legal capacity to execute this Release; (ii) is the parent or legally appointed guardian of the Minor; and (iii) has the full legal authority to execute this Release on the Minor’s behalf. The Guardian further represents that the rights granted under this Release will not conflict with or violate any other commitment the Minor has with any other party. The Guardian has read this Release prior to signing it and fully understands its contents, meaning, and impact.
5. TERMINATION. Either party can terminate this letter agreement upon thirty (30) days prior written notice. Upon the termination of this agreement, Company will pay as provided in this letter agreement for any services provided prior to the effective date of termination. The terms of this agreement with survive termination.
6. GENERAL PROVISIONS. This letter agreement does not create any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the Guardian/Minor and Company. Company may assign or transfer the letter agreement, or any of its rights or obligations under the letter agreement, in a whole or in part, without the Guardian or Minor’s prior written consent. Guardian, Minor and Company agrees that this letter agreement is a contract, which is to be performed in California, and thus California law will apply. This letter agreement (including the Schedule(s) that may be attached) is our whole agreement, supersedes all prior or contemporaneous conditions, agreements, communications, negotiations, or representations relating to the subject matter hereof, and cannot be changed unless Company, Guardian and Minor all sign a new agreement.
Your signed agreement to this letter, in form of an Electronic Signature, (“E-Signature”) was included in registration. You may wish to save the contents of this page for your personal records, as a formal copy will not be given.